Google
The Girl that gets the B-Sides......"for the love of music"....

((JUST LISTEN))


10:55 AM

Wednesday October 11, 2006

BLOG

A few things today....

I walked to Starbucks this morning (I know, I know.... starbucks... gheez) got my venti chai tea and to my surprise --- The Way I See It #153 is by someone/a band that I know called Tremolo. For those of you who drink Starbucks overpriced, dries-out-my-face hot drinks - first of all - STOP IT! It's too expensive and not to mention extremely fattening. Some of you may read the words written on the cup, but most don't. I only noticed them recently. Today was especially special. I've actually met the person (Justin Dillon) who's words were on the cup. He's in the band called Tremolo and they are from the Bay Area. I haven't thought about the band in awhile now, so starbucks has reminded me. I went to their website and they even have a myspace page. I'll keep in touch.
A friend of mine who recently moved to Nashville turned me onto Tremolo a few years ago by taking me to a special-show-case show of theirs. They are very talented nice guys. Not to mention, quite handsome too.

I've been slightly sick since Friday. I still can't fully breathe out of my nose yet. I thought it was best to skip my Tuesday night Karate class. I didn't want to have to wipe snot on my Gi or sneeze and punch - sneeze and kick. Not too cool.

I feel a lot better today. In fact I'm going out tonight.
I haven't seen a band in awhile and thought I'd head over to Que Sera in Long Beach (7th and Cherry) and catch The Snakebites with The Crystal Antlers.
My friend Skky moved to the great northwest (Seattle) last year and formed The Snakebites. It's just him singing and guitar slinging with Star playing the drums. From what I've heard on their myspace profile, they are pretty damn good. They've got that 60's garage rock thing going on. Skky looks a lot like Gram Parsons and even covers "older guys" by the late great country artist.
What I'm trying to get at is..... you should try and make your way down (or up) depending on where you live, to the Que tonight and if you can't make that show they will be playing with Sons and Lovers on Friday the 13th (this Friday) in Hollywood at the Lava Lounge located on La Brea off of Sunset blvd.

TOM PETTY

I get to be reminded everyday that I missed Tom Petty at the Hollywood Bowl recently because this guy in my office sounds exactly like him. The first time I heard his voice I thought that maybe Tom Petty was here - buying a motorcycle or something. Could happen.... we get famous people in here sometimes. (i.e. Gwen (no doubt), Brad Pitt (don't know if he was actually ever here but he's been at some events for our company), and the one who is always in here that drives most of the ladies in the office crazy is none other then Mr. I can't believe it's not butter himself, Fabio.
I love to hear this Tom Petty-sound-alike guy talk. I think I will tell him, when I find out who he is, that he sounds just like Tom Petty. Then I'll ask if he wants to go to a karaoke bar sometime.


Sunset Junction
Don't knock the rock
LA Film Festival
103.1 RADIO
Little RADIO
WMFU 91.1 FM from NY
CMJ - New York
Pure Volume
ROCK SCHEDULE

SUZEPHOTO COPYRIGHT!

Suze's Spin
CD's, Movies, Etc.
superannuation advice
superannuation advice Counter


The girl that gets the b-sides
AIM - rolloverdj
MY HOME
ARCHIVES
January 2003. February 2003. March 2003. April 2003. May 2003. June 2003. July 2003. August 2003. September 2003. October 2003. November 2003. December 2003. January 2004. February 2004. March 2004. April 2004. May 2004. June 2004. July 2004. August 2004. September 2004. October 2004. November 2004. December 2004. January 2005. February 2005. March 2005. April 2005. May 2005. June 2005. July 2005. August 2005. September 2005. October 2005. November 2005. December 2005. January 2006. February 2006. March 2006. April 2006. May 2006. June 2006. July 2006. August 2006. September 2006. October 2006. November 2006. December 2006. January 2007. February 2007. March 2007. April 2007. November 2009. March 2010.

Contact
Amazing Grace - Jeff Buckley
Sin City
Dogtown and Z Boyz
Bob Dylan 66-74
Mayor of the Sunset Strip
DIG
Kill Radio
Band Riders (this is interesting)
DEAD MUSICIANS
My Space
HI-FIVES
Live Journal
My Amazon Wish List



THE BANDS...

written by suze : powered by blogger and wicked designs Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com