Google
The Girl that gets the B-Sides......"for the love of music"....

((JUST LISTEN))


11:48 AM

September 14th. 2006 It’s Thursday!

"YOU MAKE MY HEAD SPIN" Lukas is good! I can't get that song out of my head.

I’m exhausted and my eyes feel very heavy. If I was to lay down right now I could probably sleep right here on my desk.

Last night I went to the gym to work on my arms. I switch off every other day from my legs to my arms and I work on my tummy and back and warm up everyday.
I do the bike for half hour to warm up then after my full workout, I try and jog a mile. Last night I wanted to see if I was able to do 3 miles in under 45 minutes.
I DID!!!
I might jog in the Disneyland Marathon this coming Saturday and I wanted to know for sure that I can do it. I didn’t want to be picked up by Chip ‘n’ Dale on the little tram because I couldn’t make it all the way.

I just hope that I'm able to get my ass out of bed and be there early in the morning for the jog/run. I'm excited to be able to jog through both parks without all those strollers in the way. It should be a cool morning. I'm looking forward to the smell of Disneyland in the morning. weird, i know.

I have my 4th Karate class tonight. We are sliding around on the floor with our feet and I started to get a blister (ouch!) on Tuesday. Fay told me to use electrical tape and baby powder to slide easier. That’s cheating.
I kept screwing up on the punches because I was focusing on my blister. DEAL WITH THE PAIN SUZE!
I’m feeling stronger everyday. ( stop singing the Chicago song ).

I fear competition for some reason. It’s not that I’m afraid of losing…. I couldn’t explain this to Fay once she told me that we will eventually have to compete towards the end of the semester.

I don’t fear being attacked (bring it!). It’s just the whole standing up in front of everyone putting on a “show”. I’m the one who always took the “F” in school when it came time to stand up in front of the class to do a book report.
I will probably end up not attending the last few classes. I’m just in Karate to learn discipline, self defense and conf…..CONFIDENCE. OK, if I learn THAT then perhaps I’ll go to the end. As for right now …… not so much.

So yeah, what about that Rockstar show? Did I not say that either Lukas or Dilana would win. I’m positive that after seeing all episodes that a lot of it was fabricated and just for "show".

If you are into tattoos and are near the L.A. area this weekend, The 15th annual INKSLINGER’S BALL is going on September 15 ~ 17 at the Hollywood Palladium. I went about 10 years ago and it was interesting to say the least. It’s also a piercing convention.
It’s a fun place to people watch, that’s for sure.

Movies…… I really want to see these movies.

Half Nelson

Hollywoodland

The Black Dahlia

Sherrybaby

The Illusionist


I've been on a Starbucks kick this week. I get a chai tea latte and a blueberry scone every morning then I'm not hungry at lunch. So, on my lunch I either go home and kick back or go shopping.
Today I went to Ross and got a cool pair of 504 levis for only $14.00 bucks! I'm glad there isn't a Forever 21 store in Cypress or I'd be in trouble. yeah, I sometimes shop there, so what! They have rockin' jackets!

I start to get hungry around 3pm, so I head over to the sandwich shop and get a large to eat half now and the other half after my class or the gym.
Yes, it's getting to be an expensive habit but it's very convenient for me.
I had the Starbucks habit more then a few months ago and I kicked it. Here I go again... (don't start singing Whitesnake now).

Speaking of "old bands".... Do you remember The Cathouse in LA from the 80's / 90's?
They are having their 20th anniversary on October 10th at the Key Club, which used to be Gazarri's. I used to see all sorts of bands at the Cathouse.... One very memorable one was "Mookey Blaylock" (now known as Pearl Jam), Cathouse (the band), L.A. Guns, Guns 'n Roses, Motorcycle Boy...., So I wonder who will be playing for the anniversary? The Cathouse was a lot of fun. It was back in the day that I didn't mind standing in line for an hour to get into a club to dance and see a band.
Brian Jonestown Massacre is playing at Safari Sams on September 23rd AND 24th. Did I tell you about this place? It has no air conditioning! It's a cool set up though.
The stage is plenty big, even a band like Radiohead could play on it. It's just that they really need to get an air conditioning system set up. They did have the back and front/side doors open with fans but we were still all pretty sweaty.

I saw The Superbees there along with Sons and Lovers, and about 3 or 4 other bands. Needless to say, it was way too many bands for one night. I didn't get out of there until after midnight. The Superbees hadn't playing in over 4 years so it was a one deal reunion type thing. They are all excellent musicians and together it was just like seeing a big Rock Show. Dave (the singer) really puts on the "rockstar" attitude while performing. It was fun to watch.

I was kinda over the whole club by the time Sons and Lovers came on. They were good and all, and I hadn't seen them in a few months but this one "vince neil-wannabe-straw died hair - about to overdose - washed up - looking - wannabe rockstar but i can't sing, play guitar or drums- mother fucker" kept bumping into everyone including me, on purpose and It was annoying.
I watched him for awhile and he would go up to guys and hug them and shake their hand then go bump into someone else all the while he was playing with his hair in a way that made him look self-conscious.
Later, after the show I was walking out of the bathroom and I heard him call me a "whore-bitch". What a douch-bag! Just because I would move far away from him every time he came around.... what the hell is a "whore-bitch" anyway? I would have kicked his ass if he said it to my face but no, he was sitting on a couch in the dark with the few friends that he had and didn't even look up. I went over and sat on the couch directly across from him waiting for Sarah and Fay to come out of the bathroom. I sorta glared at him waiting for him to look up but he never did. Sarah comes out of the bathroom and walks to her other friend who was sitting on the same couch as him so I walked over to her. He still never looked at me. I gave her a hug and Fay and I took off. It was good to see my old buddies but I'll most likely never go to Safari Sams again unless someone like Hanoi Rocks plays there. WORD!


Sunset Junction
Don't knock the rock
LA Film Festival
103.1 RADIO
Little RADIO
WMFU 91.1 FM from NY
CMJ - New York
Pure Volume
ROCK SCHEDULE

SUZEPHOTO COPYRIGHT!

Suze's Spin
CD's, Movies, Etc.
superannuation advice
superannuation advice Counter


The girl that gets the b-sides
AIM - rolloverdj
MY HOME
ARCHIVES
January 2003. February 2003. March 2003. April 2003. May 2003. June 2003. July 2003. August 2003. September 2003. October 2003. November 2003. December 2003. January 2004. February 2004. March 2004. April 2004. May 2004. June 2004. July 2004. August 2004. September 2004. October 2004. November 2004. December 2004. January 2005. February 2005. March 2005. April 2005. May 2005. June 2005. July 2005. August 2005. September 2005. October 2005. November 2005. December 2005. January 2006. February 2006. March 2006. April 2006. May 2006. June 2006. July 2006. August 2006. September 2006. October 2006. November 2006. December 2006. January 2007. February 2007. March 2007. April 2007. November 2009. March 2010.

Contact
Amazing Grace - Jeff Buckley
Sin City
Dogtown and Z Boyz
Bob Dylan 66-74
Mayor of the Sunset Strip
DIG
Kill Radio
Band Riders (this is interesting)
DEAD MUSICIANS
My Space
HI-FIVES
Live Journal
My Amazon Wish List



THE BANDS...

written by suze : powered by blogger and wicked designs Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com