Google
The Girl that gets the B-Sides......"for the love of music"....

((JUST LISTEN))


9:54 AM

May 4th

I’m writing on here less and less, it seems.

I’ve been listening to this CD by Peter Walker called Young Gravity, on and off for the past couple of weeks. I have to say that the songs are clever stories that I’m sure a lot of people can relate to. His voice reminds me bit of Jacob Dylan and a tad bit of Neil Young voice-wise and the flow of the music. It’s beautiful. I think if you’re a fan of bands like Wilco and Son Volt as well as The Wallflowers and Neil Young you will enjoy this CD.
One of my favorite tracks is track 3 called Flagship. It has so many different guitar parts on this one, it’s really cool. The other one is song 10 called By a thread. The guitars just flow in a pretty way. Songs 1 and 2 are my other favorites, it’s all good!
What’s even better about Peter Walker is that he’s a really nice down to earth guy.
If I lived in LA and if the gas prices weren’t so high, I’d be going to all his show’s coming up.
I recently saw him at The Prospector in Long Beach. That was an interesting place to see a band. My friend and I walked in and everyone turned around and looked at us as if we were in the wrong place. There was this Lounge type Jazz band playing with the most awful lady singer ever, she was so way out of tune that we just had to turn around and walk out.
At first we thought that maybe we got the date wrong because it said 9pm but I guess it was Hollywood time which means 11pm. So we drove around a bit and came back.
This younger guy was hanging out front on a bench so we talked to him and found out that he was playing in the band after Peter, I forgot the band name because we didn’t stick around…. It was late and we had to work. Finally around 10 or so Peter and his band showed up as well as some friends of the other band and the Jazz crowd went home to bed.
Peter picked up the tempo a bit with his 3 piece rockin’ band.
I took a few photos that I haven’t put on the photo page yet. I’ll get to it.

One of my best friends [Mark Miller] is getting married this Saturday. I think it will be very exciting. All of our very close friends will be there. These are friend that I’ve known for about 15 plus years. Music brought most of us together. That and working at Tempo Records and going to High School together.
He told me it’s going to be an open bar and he’s got a band [the piano player from Brian Setzer Orchestra, J.P’s band] It’s going to be at a nice house in Del Mar.
I’m really looking forward to it.
I have been looking for something to wear for the past month or so and finally just last weekend I found a dress at the Citadel Outlet Mall off the 5 freeway. They really have built that place up, a lot more shops then the first time I was there years ago. I got a black (yes black) dress at the BCBG store – on sale! I also got a great deal on some Copper Kenneth Cole heals from Ross.
I’ll post some photos from the wedding…….. sometime.

I finally got Tivo. The first one was a bad box and I returned it to Amazon. I got the new one just days after I re-ordered it. I set it up that same day and taped The Bedford Diaries that same night. I need to get VH1 so I can watch Love Monkey! I’m sure I’ll just end up buying the DVD’s when and if they ever make any.

In other exciting music-related news, I just found out that Wolfmother is going to be playing at the Henry Fonda on June 14th and The Hunches are going to be at Spaceland on June 24th. Also Spoon are playing with Death Cab for Cutie at the Greek in August, Radiohead is playing the last 2 nights of June at the Greek, and Soul Asylum will be at the Troubadour July 11th.
If you aren’t going to a wedding this Saturday and you need to see some amazing rock bands then I suggest you get on over to The Knitting Factory to see Sabrosa Purr on the mainstage.


Sunset Junction
Don't knock the rock
LA Film Festival
103.1 RADIO
Little RADIO
WMFU 91.1 FM from NY
CMJ - New York
Pure Volume
ROCK SCHEDULE

SUZEPHOTO COPYRIGHT!

Suze's Spin
CD's, Movies, Etc.
superannuation advice
superannuation advice Counter


The girl that gets the b-sides
AIM - rolloverdj
MY HOME
ARCHIVES
January 2003. February 2003. March 2003. April 2003. May 2003. June 2003. July 2003. August 2003. September 2003. October 2003. November 2003. December 2003. January 2004. February 2004. March 2004. April 2004. May 2004. June 2004. July 2004. August 2004. September 2004. October 2004. November 2004. December 2004. January 2005. February 2005. March 2005. April 2005. May 2005. June 2005. July 2005. August 2005. September 2005. October 2005. November 2005. December 2005. January 2006. February 2006. March 2006. April 2006. May 2006. June 2006. July 2006. August 2006. September 2006. October 2006. November 2006. December 2006. January 2007. February 2007. March 2007. April 2007. November 2009. March 2010.

Contact
Amazing Grace - Jeff Buckley
Sin City
Dogtown and Z Boyz
Bob Dylan 66-74
Mayor of the Sunset Strip
DIG
Kill Radio
Band Riders (this is interesting)
DEAD MUSICIANS
My Space
HI-FIVES
Live Journal
My Amazon Wish List



THE BANDS...

written by suze : powered by blogger and wicked designs Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com