Google
The Girl that gets the B-Sides......"for the love of music"....

((JUST LISTEN))


12:53 PM

Saturday night I drove to the El Rey Theatre to see once again, The Hellacopters. They really are the best shit kicking rock ‘n roll band out there.
I arrived just in time to see the first band called The Illuminati, they were pretty rockin’. Just looking at them brought back some memories of my heavy metal days seeing bands on the sunset strip……. Long hair, no shirt – just pure rocking guitars.
Nebula was up next. I wasn’t really looking forward to yawning to them again but they surprised me this time. They were actually really good! I didn’t yawn once.
I stood on the steps near the front of the stage the whole time. Of course all the crazy fans had to come near me as The Hellacopters were about to hit the stage.
How come I get all the gangsta looking fat scary Mexican- double beer holding- dudes standing next to me all night? The guy starts to talk to me and I try to be nice but I’m sick of being nice to ass-holes. I just know he’s going to be an ass hole by just looking at him and I was right!!
This guy on the other side of me whispers in my ear “hey, looks like you have a new friend”. I smiled at him, he was smart he found another place to stand. I just didn’t want to give up my place to an asshole and I know that’s why he was being an asshole, trying to get everyone out of his way. I didn’t care that he was over 300 lbs, I was not going to move.
At first I was nervous that he was going to start pushing and spilling his 2 beers all over me. Lucky for me he drank them before they came on. Oh great, I have a drunk very fat mean Mexican dude standing next to me yelling ‘I wanna Touch, I wanna Touch”. Of course this song has to be from my least favorite cd they have called High Visibility.
He kept putting his hands in the air and bumping into me. I was the only one tolerating him – everyone else found a new place to stand. There was more stage diving and mosh pits going on then any other show I’ve been to. Well, besides Suicidal Tendencies/Slayer about 15 years ago at some OC college. Robert D. / Strings kept getting upset at the other fat Mexican who kept stage-diving, he even kicked his ass once but bounced back.
He was so big (how big was he?) He was so big that the fat security guy couldn’t even grab him. At one point the crowd opened up and the guy landed on his face (ouch!). Nicke A. (the singer) even said “good lord!" with a wry smile when the guy jumped in front of him and almost knocked him down. Kenny (the bass player), was a little lit looking in SD and LA. He really did look and act, like someone they had picked up at some squat house in Frisco.
The sound system was great and the performance was true rock as what rock is meant to be!
I got really sad as soon as they were done because who knows when they will be back. Especially after what happened to them in Vegas, some crazy fan stole Robert’s I-pod and laptop off the bus and Nicke got food poisoning. What is up with people stealing bands things when they are trying to entertain us! I mean if you really wanted to know what Robert was listening to then you could have just asked him, he’s a nice enough guy!

I miss them already!


Sunset Junction
Don't knock the rock
LA Film Festival
103.1 RADIO
Little RADIO
WMFU 91.1 FM from NY
CMJ - New York
Pure Volume
ROCK SCHEDULE

SUZEPHOTO COPYRIGHT!

Suze's Spin
CD's, Movies, Etc.
superannuation advice
superannuation advice Counter


The girl that gets the b-sides
AIM - rolloverdj
MY HOME
ARCHIVES
January 2003. February 2003. March 2003. April 2003. May 2003. June 2003. July 2003. August 2003. September 2003. October 2003. November 2003. December 2003. January 2004. February 2004. March 2004. April 2004. May 2004. June 2004. July 2004. August 2004. September 2004. October 2004. November 2004. December 2004. January 2005. February 2005. March 2005. April 2005. May 2005. June 2005. July 2005. August 2005. September 2005. October 2005. November 2005. December 2005. January 2006. February 2006. March 2006. April 2006. May 2006. June 2006. July 2006. August 2006. September 2006. October 2006. November 2006. December 2006. January 2007. February 2007. March 2007. April 2007. November 2009. March 2010.

Contact
Amazing Grace - Jeff Buckley
Sin City
Dogtown and Z Boyz
Bob Dylan 66-74
Mayor of the Sunset Strip
DIG
Kill Radio
Band Riders (this is interesting)
DEAD MUSICIANS
My Space
HI-FIVES
Live Journal
My Amazon Wish List



THE BANDS...

written by suze : powered by blogger and wicked designs Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com