Google
The Girl that gets the B-Sides......"for the love of music"....

((JUST LISTEN))


1:26 PM

The Hellacopters - San Diego - Casbah Thursday Night.

I can’t even put into words what an incredible show they put on in San Diego last night; but i will try. My heart is still pounding with excitement! Deep breaths…

I started my drive to San Diego at about 7PM and made it there in 1 hour and 40 minutes. I got there way to early. The first band hadn't even gone on yet, not until 9:30 or so. It was desolate in the tiny Casbah club.

I came out of the bathroom stall and this kid/boy, ok 20 something year old guy was standing there with his travel bag giving me this (I’m sorry) look. He said “hey, I’m sorry – the boys room was full and didn’t have enough room for me to change”. I said it wasn’t a big deal at all. I took my time washing my hands….hahha. I was thinking that he would start to change in front of me. LOL
I asked if he was in the first band and when they go on. We talked a bit but no changing occurred so I left.
I hung out near the DJ booth until the first band came on. In the meantime I met this nice guy also from LA and it turns out we had a lot in common, mainly that we both drove from LA just to see The Hellacopters!

The first band was pretty 80’s , Whiskey-Roxy playing scenesters. I was over it as soon as they started.
Sorry bathroom friend.
Nebula was up next. I used to like them a lot. I was just falling asleep this time. They don’t call them stoner rock for nothing. It seemed like they were playing forever. One exception was that they did “Suffragette City” by Bowie. That was a surprise.

I made my way to the front of the stage before the ‘Copters were to go on. I feel more comfortable when I’m up close and personal like that. I want to FEEL and SEE the energy. They all walked on stage in their teeny-tiny pants and the kind of rock ‘n roll coolness attitude that most bands don’t understand and don’t have. This is REAL ROCK!
During the first song someone behind me poured or spilled (felt like poured) a beer on my head. I wasn’t mad one bit, that’s how happy I was. If I were seeing anyone else I think that would have ruined my night. But this was the fabulous Hellacopters from Sweden who haven’t played the states in over 4 years!! I just flipped my hair back and wiped the dripping beer from my face and kept smiling and taking tons of photos. Most of the crowed was pretty lame. Some were moshing/pushing even when they weren’t playing anything. The singer even mentioned it. I think they were all rolling their eyes at that. At one point I was bending down for a shot and the next thing I knew this guy was flying over my head. He dove from the side of the stage at that precise time, as I came up his leg brushed up against the side of my head. It didn’t hurt at all. It wasn’t like the time I saw The Red Hot Chili Peppers (when they were actually good) in Ventura (circa 90’s) where I got a Doc Martin to the back of my head (ouch, yes!).
The Hellacopters did a lot of old and new songs. They included MC5’s Kick out the jams.

I was home by 2:30AM and made it into work on time. I even had time to stop by the Coffee Bean for a Tropical Passion Tea Latte and a toasted sesame seed bagel. YUM!

I listened to K-EARTH on the way up. The funny thing is …. I knew all the words to the songs and actually enjoyed them.
I stuck my i-pod in on the way back with Silversun Pickups and Sabrosa Purr.


Sunset Junction
Don't knock the rock
LA Film Festival
103.1 RADIO
Little RADIO
WMFU 91.1 FM from NY
CMJ - New York
Pure Volume
ROCK SCHEDULE

SUZEPHOTO COPYRIGHT!

Suze's Spin
CD's, Movies, Etc.
superannuation advice
superannuation advice Counter


The girl that gets the b-sides
AIM - rolloverdj
MY HOME
ARCHIVES
January 2003. February 2003. March 2003. April 2003. May 2003. June 2003. July 2003. August 2003. September 2003. October 2003. November 2003. December 2003. January 2004. February 2004. March 2004. April 2004. May 2004. June 2004. July 2004. August 2004. September 2004. October 2004. November 2004. December 2004. January 2005. February 2005. March 2005. April 2005. May 2005. June 2005. July 2005. August 2005. September 2005. October 2005. November 2005. December 2005. January 2006. February 2006. March 2006. April 2006. May 2006. June 2006. July 2006. August 2006. September 2006. October 2006. November 2006. December 2006. January 2007. February 2007. March 2007. April 2007. November 2009. March 2010.

Contact
Amazing Grace - Jeff Buckley
Sin City
Dogtown and Z Boyz
Bob Dylan 66-74
Mayor of the Sunset Strip
DIG
Kill Radio
Band Riders (this is interesting)
DEAD MUSICIANS
My Space
HI-FIVES
Live Journal
My Amazon Wish List



THE BANDS...

written by suze : powered by blogger and wicked designs Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com