Google
The Girl that gets the B-Sides......"for the love of music"....

((JUST LISTEN))


3:54 PM

ROYAL GUN

PERNICE BROTHERS

ROYAL GUN


Friday July 29th I got to see Fiona Apple play live on stage with Jon Brion at the largo, that almost never happens anymore. We were all lucky to have been there to witness such talent. Although I’m not a huge fan of her new CD...yet, which isn’t being released yet, she is still an amazing talent to see live. As well as Mr. Jon Brion, of course.

Saturday night I returned to the largo to see Jon Brion and Grant Lee. Always a pleasure to see the two of them together. Grant did his Huell Howser impression and it was spot on!

Sunday night I went to see The Pernice Brothers with Royal Gun at the Knitting Factory. I was excited because I hadn’t seen them in about a year and a half. To my surprise Royal Gun were everything I could ever want to hear in a band (almost, ok… pretty damn near close) I’m trying to say that I liked them a lot
!
The singer/guitar player (James Walbourne) also happens to be the keyboard player in The Pernice Brothers. So he’s been working extra hard on the tour.

Monday night I drove 78 miles to San Diego to see the same show at the Casbah. It was that good! I took loads of photos this time. The main reason besides taking photos was that I wanted to see Royal Gun again.
These guys impressed me so much, especially when they covered “whistle bait” by the Collins Kids. I impressed the singer right back by being the only one in the audience who knew the song.

Tuesday night I went to see Sabrosa Purr with Silversun Pickups at Spaceland. Sabrosa Purr surprises me every single time I see them. Will, the singer seems like he goes into a different world -crawls into the music- when he’s on stage. It was by far one of their best shows I’ve seen so far. I’m sure they will only get better. I can’t wait until they release their CD.
It just really pisses me off that the venues always put them on very first when only about 15 or less people see them, then you have a terrible - or not as good band come on in the middle spot, which I consider a prime spot and there are more people to see them. It’s just not right. Sabrosa Purr deserves the prime spot for sure, just wait and see.
The Silversun Pickups who deserves the best spot, finally have it after a few years of playing around. It just sucks that it takes so damn long for these amazing bands to get heard in LA. No wonder why the UK “get it” first. Our bands are putting out their records in the UK because LA just doesn’t care or doesn’t have the time to sift through the crap and they just put out crap because they are so lazy… I don’t really know the problem with LA. It’s just too damn big and hollow and uncaring but I still love it anyway.
The Silversun Pickups were great, I’m glad they are playing at Spaceland every Wednesday in August. Lucky us. Next week Jonneine Zapata will be opening for them, which I’m really excited about.


Sunset Junction
Don't knock the rock
LA Film Festival
103.1 RADIO
Little RADIO
WMFU 91.1 FM from NY
CMJ - New York
Pure Volume
ROCK SCHEDULE

SUZEPHOTO COPYRIGHT!

Suze's Spin
CD's, Movies, Etc.
superannuation advice
superannuation advice Counter


The girl that gets the b-sides
AIM - rolloverdj
MY HOME
ARCHIVES
January 2003. February 2003. March 2003. April 2003. May 2003. June 2003. July 2003. August 2003. September 2003. October 2003. November 2003. December 2003. January 2004. February 2004. March 2004. April 2004. May 2004. June 2004. July 2004. August 2004. September 2004. October 2004. November 2004. December 2004. January 2005. February 2005. March 2005. April 2005. May 2005. June 2005. July 2005. August 2005. September 2005. October 2005. November 2005. December 2005. January 2006. February 2006. March 2006. April 2006. May 2006. June 2006. July 2006. August 2006. September 2006. October 2006. November 2006. December 2006. January 2007. February 2007. March 2007. April 2007. November 2009. March 2010.

Contact
Amazing Grace - Jeff Buckley
Sin City
Dogtown and Z Boyz
Bob Dylan 66-74
Mayor of the Sunset Strip
DIG
Kill Radio
Band Riders (this is interesting)
DEAD MUSICIANS
My Space
HI-FIVES
Live Journal
My Amazon Wish List



THE BANDS...

written by suze : powered by blogger and wicked designs Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com