Google
The Girl that gets the B-Sides......"for the love of music"....

((JUST LISTEN))


1:33 PM

Music: Sabrosa Purr - the demos / Peter Walker - landed / Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street / Silversun Pickups - the demos / Joy Zipper - American Whip / White Stripes - get behind me Satan / Pernice Brothers - discover a lovelier you / Bona Roba - Reach in and get her

hello.....

I ended up seeing The Raveonettes last night at Spaceland. I arrived just before 9pm and they already let people in. It didn't get really crowded until about 10pm. I met my friend inside and he bought me a beer and I told him about the jerk-off that was in line behind me. This old man was talking to his lady friend, not paying attention to anyone around him and he inched his way up to the side of me and was running into the guy in front of me. This girl that was in line with me noticed as well, so she told the guy in front of us and finally he said something to him like " hey, are you aware that there is a line! are you even in line?! and his only response was "yeah, whatever" and kept talking to his lady friend... talking her ear off, I might add. The guy never moved directly behind me where he belonged and kept elbowing me in the side and turning to me and saying "oh sorry" like ....... 3 times!
I made some friends in line as we all talked about this jack-ass.
Inside I find my friend upstairs. We got a drink and headed down stairs due to the yucky smoke filled room. The first band was "Be your own pet". I really liked them. It was 3 guys and a girl singing/yelling/screaming. She had something about her ...... she was having so much fun dancing and making faces as she screamed into the mic. ... More punk rock then just rock. Keith Morris was right up front watching with a smile on his face so that MUST mean something. I took a few photos of them that I will eventually put up when I get around to updating my photo blog (suzephoto) over there on the side. Next up was "she wants revenge". My first thought was "hurry the fuck up and start, the lights aren't what you should be worried about, it's those pants you guys are all wearing (or not wearing)" The singer had these old looking levis that hung halfway down his ass with PINK underwear showing, they weren't even cool warn out looking ones, they looked like they never ever fit him and they were bought for the sole purpose of that "hanging down your ass" look. I was annoyed before they even started. After the first few seconds of the first song, I turned to my friend and before I could say a word he said "Joy Division" I laughed and said either that or a second rate Interpol. The guy had the whole "i want to be gay-but i'm really not, i don't think" attitude down.... lighting cigs, smoking them half way down only for the "cool looking" effect it had with the lights behind him. He also kept lifting up his shirt to show off his stomach. soooo tired! c'mon. They did sound alright for what they were doing. If there wasn't already an Interpol, it would be them.

Right before The Raveonettes where to start I looked back and there was little Jason Schwartzman with is little 60's Beatles style short bob haircut. I have to say that Sharin is amazingly beautiful, singer of The Raveonettes. She has that whole classic beauty 60's britpop look down, and what a voice. I was Impressed. My first time seeing them. The songs are catchy and fun and they just rock. I also have to mention.... I don't know what is up the the little "ampy guitar player dude" maybe he is from France or something but again with the" soap and water" problem.

This Saturday (18th) is The Sons and Lovers and The Makers at Spaceland.

I also found out that The Sons and Lovers got on the bill with The Vacation at the Troubadour on July 11th. It's a FREE show.


Sunset Junction
Don't knock the rock
LA Film Festival
103.1 RADIO
Little RADIO
WMFU 91.1 FM from NY
CMJ - New York
Pure Volume
ROCK SCHEDULE

SUZEPHOTO COPYRIGHT!

Suze's Spin
CD's, Movies, Etc.
superannuation advice
superannuation advice Counter


The girl that gets the b-sides
AIM - rolloverdj
MY HOME
ARCHIVES
January 2003. February 2003. March 2003. April 2003. May 2003. June 2003. July 2003. August 2003. September 2003. October 2003. November 2003. December 2003. January 2004. February 2004. March 2004. April 2004. May 2004. June 2004. July 2004. August 2004. September 2004. October 2004. November 2004. December 2004. January 2005. February 2005. March 2005. April 2005. May 2005. June 2005. July 2005. August 2005. September 2005. October 2005. November 2005. December 2005. January 2006. February 2006. March 2006. April 2006. May 2006. June 2006. July 2006. August 2006. September 2006. October 2006. November 2006. December 2006. January 2007. February 2007. March 2007. April 2007. November 2009. March 2010.

Contact
Amazing Grace - Jeff Buckley
Sin City
Dogtown and Z Boyz
Bob Dylan 66-74
Mayor of the Sunset Strip
DIG
Kill Radio
Band Riders (this is interesting)
DEAD MUSICIANS
My Space
HI-FIVES
Live Journal
My Amazon Wish List



THE BANDS...

written by suze : powered by blogger and wicked designs Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com