Google
The Girl that gets the B-Sides......"for the love of music"....

((JUST LISTEN))


9:50 AM

Music: Neil Young

I've been on a Neil Young kick for awhile now and it made me really happy that on Friday night at the Largo, Jon Brion did a Neil Young song.
Lately I've been listening to (besides Neil) Ash, Pete Yorn and Al Green.

The weather has been so nice lately. You can see the snow on the mountains and from certain high points in LA you can see the ocean on one side and the mountains on the other.... amazing!

If the weather remains nice this weekend (saturday) i'm thinking it might be fun to go have a drink and some fries at the standard.

I didn't do anything last saturday except watch movies at home. Sunday a friend and I went to Melrose, something I haven't done in a year or so. I have been on a hunt for work shoes for awhile and can't seem to find any and of course I find some in one of my two favorite places for shoes but they didn't have my size plus they were discontinued. bummer! I enjoy wearing my high heals to work but at the same time i'd like to find some cool doc type shoes.
I was in need of another big ring because mine finally died. I mean the stone finally fell apart after numerous times of banging it againsts hard surfaces. It was my favorite black ring!
So I went to the same place on Melrose that I bought it years ago and of course they didn't have it anymore. I did find another one as it's replacement but I'm still on the hunt for the original.


I had a ticket for Kings of Leon at will call that night and another friend of mine was on the list but couldn't make it so I tried to get her ticket but they wouldn't let me without her ID. I still had plenty of time to take my friend home and come back to see the gig but wasn't up for the packed Roxy, hanging out with all the kiddies. So, I sold my ticket and we went home. I felt that was a good decision and I'm not bummed at all. As we were walking around from Book Soup to Tower Records.... I see this really nice silver BMW as I walked in front of it, I noticed it was Vin Diesel........ grrrrrr! I love bald men even if they have a lame looking movie coming out. We looked at each other. I then told Monica "hey, Vin Diesel is right there" we both looked at him. It was silly. As soon as the light changed, he sped off like he was in the fast 'n furious!!
oh... back at the roxy while we were waiting for the box office to open I was sharing some stories with Monica from when I used to hang out at the Rainbow during my "big hair" days and what do you know...... Rikki Rocket (drummer from POISON) comes walking out of the rainbow and walks right by us. It was like a time warp with all the long hair, tight leather pants wearing metal guys walking out of there. Then you have the Key Club which is right down the street, it was goth night or something because all these 'GOTH' looking people kept walking by wearing all black, shoes that were so high - they couldn't walk in them - guys included, black lipstick and crazy eyes, it was rather entertaining.


Sunset Junction
Don't knock the rock
LA Film Festival
103.1 RADIO
Little RADIO
WMFU 91.1 FM from NY
CMJ - New York
Pure Volume
ROCK SCHEDULE

SUZEPHOTO COPYRIGHT!

Suze's Spin
CD's, Movies, Etc.
superannuation advice
superannuation advice Counter


The girl that gets the b-sides
AIM - rolloverdj
MY HOME
ARCHIVES
January 2003. February 2003. March 2003. April 2003. May 2003. June 2003. July 2003. August 2003. September 2003. October 2003. November 2003. December 2003. January 2004. February 2004. March 2004. April 2004. May 2004. June 2004. July 2004. August 2004. September 2004. October 2004. November 2004. December 2004. January 2005. February 2005. March 2005. April 2005. May 2005. June 2005. July 2005. August 2005. September 2005. October 2005. November 2005. December 2005. January 2006. February 2006. March 2006. April 2006. May 2006. June 2006. July 2006. August 2006. September 2006. October 2006. November 2006. December 2006. January 2007. February 2007. March 2007. April 2007. November 2009. March 2010.

Contact
Amazing Grace - Jeff Buckley
Sin City
Dogtown and Z Boyz
Bob Dylan 66-74
Mayor of the Sunset Strip
DIG
Kill Radio
Band Riders (this is interesting)
DEAD MUSICIANS
My Space
HI-FIVES
Live Journal
My Amazon Wish List



THE BANDS...

written by suze : powered by blogger and wicked designs Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com