Google
The Girl that gets the B-Sides......"for the love of music"....

((JUST LISTEN))


4:32 PM

Music: Gram Parsons / Flying Burrito Brothers

Can you believe it's 2005 already?! I mean really, where the hell did the last 15 years go?
...... I was in bed asleep at midnight on new years eve. It's not a big deal to me. I hung out in Long Beach / ate at the Sushi place in San Pedro and went to a party at my friends house for awhile. Nice company, cool place but I was super tired and I had to take my friend to his car in Long Beach so he can go see Al Green at The Grove in Anaheim.
The next morning we headed to Joshua Tree for some peace and beauty AND GRAM PARSONS! I took tons of photos. It was a beautiful day. I locked my keys in my Jeep as we got out to check out Grams place! I was freaking out! We both left our cell phones in the Jeep and only had our cameras. I was ready to flag someone down to borrow their cell when I thought to check the back and it was unlocked! woo hoo!! We met a couple of guys from San Pedro at the Gram site, we spoke of different bands. One guy mentioned the local LA band called "I see Hawks in LA". I see that name all the time in the L.A. Weekly but haven't seen them yet. They were there for rock climbing. They walked up with a can of bud in their hands and I'm thinking "these guys are rock climbing and drinking - wow!" after we chatted a bit one guy asks us if we smoked weed. Actually I was waiting for this question to come out of their mouths. I declined the good smelling pot but Bruno didn't pass it up. The guy took out a round altoids tin and had the pot pipe hidden away in that. Hmmm.... nothing like climbing on huge rocks with no ropes while drinking and smoking.
We left those guys and went on to Keys point where there is a beautiful view of Salton Sea, Palm Springs and whatever else there is to see on a clear day from there. It was partly cloudy but we could see alright. We noticed these 2 girls in cowboy hats up their who commented on Bruno's "Gram Parsons" t-shirt. I had a feeling that they were up there to hang out at Grams Place, sure enough on our way back we stopped once again and saw the girls at the "Gram Shrine" We chatted with them for a long time. Turns out they are the ones who put on the Gram Tribute shows, even the one with Keith Richards at Universal. I put their
Sin City Marketing website over there under my "links".
We also found this really cool coffee shop that had the best soup/sandwiches and salads.... located in Yucca Valley called Water Canyon Coffee Co. If you are heading to Joshua Tree I highly recommend that you stop in and relax. The location is: 55844 29 Palms Hwy., Yucca Valley.
Needless to say I was dead tired when I got home.
I would like to spend a weekend there sometime and stay at Joshua Tree Inn then go on all the hiking trips throughout the park.

To check out some gigs in and around LA this month click here.


Sunset Junction
Don't knock the rock
LA Film Festival
103.1 RADIO
Little RADIO
WMFU 91.1 FM from NY
CMJ - New York
Pure Volume
ROCK SCHEDULE

SUZEPHOTO COPYRIGHT!

Suze's Spin
CD's, Movies, Etc.
superannuation advice
superannuation advice Counter


The girl that gets the b-sides
AIM - rolloverdj
MY HOME
ARCHIVES
January 2003. February 2003. March 2003. April 2003. May 2003. June 2003. July 2003. August 2003. September 2003. October 2003. November 2003. December 2003. January 2004. February 2004. March 2004. April 2004. May 2004. June 2004. July 2004. August 2004. September 2004. October 2004. November 2004. December 2004. January 2005. February 2005. March 2005. April 2005. May 2005. June 2005. July 2005. August 2005. September 2005. October 2005. November 2005. December 2005. January 2006. February 2006. March 2006. April 2006. May 2006. June 2006. July 2006. August 2006. September 2006. October 2006. November 2006. December 2006. January 2007. February 2007. March 2007. April 2007. November 2009. March 2010.

Contact
Amazing Grace - Jeff Buckley
Sin City
Dogtown and Z Boyz
Bob Dylan 66-74
Mayor of the Sunset Strip
DIG
Kill Radio
Band Riders (this is interesting)
DEAD MUSICIANS
My Space
HI-FIVES
Live Journal
My Amazon Wish List



THE BANDS...

written by suze : powered by blogger and wicked designs Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com