Google
The Girl that gets the B-Sides......"for the love of music"....

((JUST LISTEN))


4:15 PM

Friday night a friend of mine and checked out a new club (to us anyway) called “Tempest”.
It’s a pretty cool looking bar / club, very dark, small stage, good lighting for the bands and very “nice” inside, kinda artsy even. We got there early with a band flyer to avoid the cost. Free usually works for me. We had time for two beers and a chat before The Gun Shys came on.
I wasn’t sure what to expect but from after hearing some of their tunes from their myspace profile, I had a feeling that I would like them live as well. Just as soon as they started I was hooked. They have everything! Style, great sound and a good look. They are very tight live.

I could see them getting huge just as fast as bands like Jet did. Not to compare them to Jet, because they don’t really sound like them.
I didn’t know that Cliff from The Shore now plays bass for them.
I guess he wanted to “ROCK” as opposed to the acoustic sound that the shore tends to have. I’m really looking forward to seeing them again with my other favorite local band The Vacation at King King next month.

It was still somewhat early when the show was over so I figured we had time to head over to see Jon Brion’s second set.

To my surprise there was still a line outside at midnight. Just before he was to hit the stage, we got in.
Some of us in line noticed Meg Ryan walk out of the club and hop into a “geo” with her friend. That was kind of exciting for me because I've always liked Meg.
I’m not really star struck, though sometimes I’m a little rock ‘n roll star stuck. Another largo regular told me that “Paris” from the Gilmore Girls had also been in the club to see Jon Brion’s first set.

Saturday I went to an early dinner and drinks with an old co-worker then came home and ended up watching a couple of movies from my netflix list.
Sunday I hung out in Long Beach with a friend for a few drinks then came home and we watched Donnie Darko (again).

See…. This is why I hardly write anything anymore….
Next week should be better!!

Ps – Elvis Costello tickets went on sale this past weekend and I was about to get one through ticketbastards until I saw the service charge. Fuck them! I’m not paying 10.75 for who knows what plus another 4 something for another service fee that isn’t explained either.

I figure that I’ll just wait and see if I can get one at the box office next Saturday. I highly doubt it but whatever. I’ve seen him about 4 times already, I guess that’s enough.
The Wedding Present tickets go on sale this friday for the Troubadour show in March! fo' shizzle !!

A few of my friends went to see that “dead body gallery” show this past weekend and said it was really cool. The will have a sequel very soon. I forgot the name of it but you can look it up in the LA weekly.


Sunset Junction
Don't knock the rock
LA Film Festival
103.1 RADIO
Little RADIO
WMFU 91.1 FM from NY
CMJ - New York
Pure Volume
ROCK SCHEDULE

SUZEPHOTO COPYRIGHT!

Suze's Spin
CD's, Movies, Etc.
superannuation advice
superannuation advice Counter


The girl that gets the b-sides
AIM - rolloverdj
MY HOME
ARCHIVES
January 2003. February 2003. March 2003. April 2003. May 2003. June 2003. July 2003. August 2003. September 2003. October 2003. November 2003. December 2003. January 2004. February 2004. March 2004. April 2004. May 2004. June 2004. July 2004. August 2004. September 2004. October 2004. November 2004. December 2004. January 2005. February 2005. March 2005. April 2005. May 2005. June 2005. July 2005. August 2005. September 2005. October 2005. November 2005. December 2005. January 2006. February 2006. March 2006. April 2006. May 2006. June 2006. July 2006. August 2006. September 2006. October 2006. November 2006. December 2006. January 2007. February 2007. March 2007. April 2007. November 2009. March 2010.

Contact
Amazing Grace - Jeff Buckley
Sin City
Dogtown and Z Boyz
Bob Dylan 66-74
Mayor of the Sunset Strip
DIG
Kill Radio
Band Riders (this is interesting)
DEAD MUSICIANS
My Space
HI-FIVES
Live Journal
My Amazon Wish List



THE BANDS...

written by suze : powered by blogger and wicked designs Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com