Google
The Girl that gets the B-Sides......"for the love of music"....

((JUST LISTEN))


10:45 PM

Music: Dead Meadow

I ended up going to the largo on friday to see Jon Brion once again. Basically the only reason I decided to go was because Bob Bruno was going to open the show and I also heard that Fiona Apple may get up and do some songs (nope). Bob was great in his bunny suit! His music reminded me of aphex twins or something like that.... it was fun. My friends and I ended up getting a table at the last minute otherwise honestly I would have left. I was in a very annoyed mood because of traffic and hunger.... and no i didn't have a fuckin' snickers bar handy!
I ordered a guinness and drank it like it was water then I had this bright idea of drinking wine, we ordered bottles of it. Merlot of course. (have you seen Sideways yet? - ha ha) ...one after the other. there were 4 of us at the table, one being our new friend named holly. so pretty much we each had a full bottle of wine to ourselves plus our dinner. i barely remember Jon's set at all. bad bad bad!
let's just say that i don't want to see another bottle of merlot for a long while.

i don't know what got into me and why i didn't stop. i was having such a good time..... then "bang" it just hit's you! I ended up strategically refilling the empty glasses on our table ...... if you know what I mean!! yeah, it was that bad. but really, i was impressed with my ability to only fill it up - stop - move the glass away - grab another - and refill it. then i motioned to my friend to help me to the bathroom and when the bitches wouldn't let me in i went to the mens room where there was no line at all. I felt so bad about getting that drunk that i cleaned off the table with the toilet paper that i brought back. my friend kept emptying the glasses that i "refilled". i thought it was pretty amazing how i was able to do that one after the other like it was a game or something. ok it was pretty gross as well. i feel terrible that i got that drunk. soo stupid, i tell ya.
drinking to much is really really stupid, and it's no fun, and you feel like shit the whole next day.
plus i missed most of nels cline! i'm the one that spotted him and i'm the one that was excited that he was going to play, but no. i had to get drunk and be sick the whole time he was doing his thing on stage! damn you alcohol!! bad!!! Nels is fucking amazing. so basically i paid 10 bucks to get in, then 50 bucks for dinner and drinks for what? yeah, fuck that. never again. - - thanks to my friend stephanie for taking care of my sorry ass that night and letting me sleep at her cool pad.
back to the health kick for me. in fact, i just bought some better headphones for my ipod so i can work out without them falling out of my ears.
i may go see thelonious monster on monday night at spaceland, i hear that josh will probably play with them. then i'm thinking about seeing the gunshys and sky parade at boardners on the following wednesday - 29th. i missed the vacation last wednesday because i was feeling sick.
i just finished my christmas shopping today. usually i'm doing it at the last possible minute. i went to see the Aviator this afternoon and let me tell you -- it was fantastic! Leonardo will win an oscar for sure on this one.


Sunset Junction
Don't knock the rock
LA Film Festival
103.1 RADIO
Little RADIO
WMFU 91.1 FM from NY
CMJ - New York
Pure Volume
ROCK SCHEDULE

SUZEPHOTO COPYRIGHT!

Suze's Spin
CD's, Movies, Etc.
superannuation advice
superannuation advice Counter


The girl that gets the b-sides
AIM - rolloverdj
MY HOME
ARCHIVES
January 2003. February 2003. March 2003. April 2003. May 2003. June 2003. July 2003. August 2003. September 2003. October 2003. November 2003. December 2003. January 2004. February 2004. March 2004. April 2004. May 2004. June 2004. July 2004. August 2004. September 2004. October 2004. November 2004. December 2004. January 2005. February 2005. March 2005. April 2005. May 2005. June 2005. July 2005. August 2005. September 2005. October 2005. November 2005. December 2005. January 2006. February 2006. March 2006. April 2006. May 2006. June 2006. July 2006. August 2006. September 2006. October 2006. November 2006. December 2006. January 2007. February 2007. March 2007. April 2007. November 2009. March 2010.

Contact
Amazing Grace - Jeff Buckley
Sin City
Dogtown and Z Boyz
Bob Dylan 66-74
Mayor of the Sunset Strip
DIG
Kill Radio
Band Riders (this is interesting)
DEAD MUSICIANS
My Space
HI-FIVES
Live Journal
My Amazon Wish List



THE BANDS...

written by suze : powered by blogger and wicked designs Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com