Google
The Girl that gets the B-Sides......"for the love of music"....

((JUST LISTEN))


8:43 AM

music: Kiss - Do you love me

Usually I would be very pissed off at the neighbors lawnmower at 7am, but it's the weekday and I was about to hit the snooze button which would have easily turned into the same type of deal as this past Wednesday. I sat there on my bed...... with a smile on my face from the night before. [see dirtbombs story below] I got up and made it to work only 5 minutes late. I'm f'ing tired but I'm very happy.

Roger and I went to the California Pizza Kitchen before heading to the show [The Dirtbombs at the Knitting Factory] I had a tricolour salad. yum! and a glass of wine.... yeah, it all starts here with the wine. We get to the club as the Immortal Lee County Killers were already on. First things first, I grabbed a Guinness.

The Immortal Lee County Killers had that Modey Lemon thing going on. The singer played guitar [ with a slide no-less] oh how i love the slide, it just does something to me.... makes me all tingly inside. I hear that they are playing at Spaceland this weekend. The background was really cool. They had a movie screen behind them which played psychedelic stuff [lots of moving colors] and the sky, dirt road as if you are driving. They sounded great..... someone I'd go check out again for sure!

Next up was The Starlight Desperation. I'm not much into this band. They don't have any passion in their music. Though I can see them getting huge [go figure]. Sure, It was alright and I caught myself enjoying some of their songs...... but they just aren't my thing.
Between bands I found some cool folks to talk to, one being my friend Jeremy who drove all the way out from Ventura to see this show. The other was Richie from The Willows, who tells me they are signed to SFTRI [Sympathy] and plan to re-release there CD with 3 extra songs on it. They are also working on there second CD. He also told me they might be playing with The Vacation in the near future. Do you know how happy this all makes me? You don't even know!

The Ponys played second to last. These guys are rather good but again.... just not my thing. I can totally see them getting huge. They have the 80's crap down good. I lived through the 80's and I know how bad the music was.... I just don't understand the whole [wanting to bring it back] thing.
Needless to say... I just finished my third Guinness before The Dirtbombs hit the stage. So I was feeling goooooood!

I was ready to shake my ass. I got right up front to take some photos thanks to this very nice man who let me stand in front of him against the stage. I surprised myself even, I was moving to the music - cuz the music was in me! I love Ben, one of the two drummers. He just rocks! He reminds me of 'animal' from the muppets. One point in the show some guy got on stage and was dancing around for a long time to....... no one in the band was paying any attention to him except for Ben, Ben looked like he was ready to kill him. He got up from his drums and just shoved the guy backwards, over a monitor and into the crowd. It was great and well deserved. C'mon guys... it's their show not yours so stay off the stage!
Ben and Mick switched places and Ben sang 'dirt' which... from a reliable source, has never been played live before. Excellent! They did a few covers.... I always forget after the show even if Roger and I talked about it in the car on the way home. They did a Stooges song, Brian Eno...... damn what was the other one? Roger? [ a little help please]
As I was standing up front... this guy [who was with a girl] and I kept looking at each other. I couldn't help it, this guy had a really cool look about him with his 70's [faces era] hair and his beautiful skin. I don't know why he kept looking at me but our eyes kept locking. It's like.... look buddy ' don't be looking at me like that unless you are going to do something about it'.
The Dirtbombs did about three encores. I'll post the photos [and more] this weekend. If you like to rock [and I know you do] then I suggest you get your ass in gear and catch The Dirtbombs the next time they play.

Now I'm not so sure I'm up for the Largo/Jon Brion tonight.... I already had my three Guinness limit for the weekend.....

I'm at work right now and have been typing since 8:45. I guess I should try and come out of my [sleepy rock] world and find something to do for the next 5 hours or so.


-----------

My new favorite local bands that I want to go see.

1. Addison

2. The Colour

3. The Gunshys if this link doesn't work, you can find them on myspace.com



Sunset Junction
Don't knock the rock
LA Film Festival
103.1 RADIO
Little RADIO
WMFU 91.1 FM from NY
CMJ - New York
Pure Volume
ROCK SCHEDULE

SUZEPHOTO COPYRIGHT!

Suze's Spin
CD's, Movies, Etc.
superannuation advice
superannuation advice Counter


The girl that gets the b-sides
AIM - rolloverdj
MY HOME
ARCHIVES
January 2003. February 2003. March 2003. April 2003. May 2003. June 2003. July 2003. August 2003. September 2003. October 2003. November 2003. December 2003. January 2004. February 2004. March 2004. April 2004. May 2004. June 2004. July 2004. August 2004. September 2004. October 2004. November 2004. December 2004. January 2005. February 2005. March 2005. April 2005. May 2005. June 2005. July 2005. August 2005. September 2005. October 2005. November 2005. December 2005. January 2006. February 2006. March 2006. April 2006. May 2006. June 2006. July 2006. August 2006. September 2006. October 2006. November 2006. December 2006. January 2007. February 2007. March 2007. April 2007. November 2009. March 2010.

Contact
Amazing Grace - Jeff Buckley
Sin City
Dogtown and Z Boyz
Bob Dylan 66-74
Mayor of the Sunset Strip
DIG
Kill Radio
Band Riders (this is interesting)
DEAD MUSICIANS
My Space
HI-FIVES
Live Journal
My Amazon Wish List



THE BANDS...

written by suze : powered by blogger and wicked designs Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com