Google
The Girl that gets the B-Sides......"for the love of music"....

((JUST LISTEN))


1:58 PM

writers block!
not that i would even call myself a writer, i'm far far from that for sure. it's just that earlier i was thinking about stuff to write about but now ..... not so much.

I went record shopping this weekend, spending close to $200 bucks. As soon as I listen to the cd's i bought and depending if I like them .... i'll write about 'em later.
I went to rockbottom with my friends roger and john on saturday night. It was pretty dead in there as we sat at the bar all night. I only had 2 beers and some nachos - i didn't count how many they had because they are pretty big guys who are used to drinking a lot.
anyway, i noticed this guy sitting clear across the bar from me who looked somewhat interesting. i asked roger what finger does a wedding ring go on because i always forget. though now i remember someone telling me it's the left and to remember that is where your heart is. hmm. anyway, i kept looking at him as did he and about 2 hours later he came up from behind me and sorta wedged his way in to grab the seat next to me and just held out his hand and said " hi! my name is so and so" i'm thinking it was peter but i'm so bad with names. i don't know how we got on the subject but it turns out that we went to the same high school and he was a few years behind me. We somehow got on the subject of music and he mentioned that his all time favorite is Pink Floyd. my thought ... oh gheez, why! and I told him that PF is the only band that I can not stand and have to actually change the station when it comes on. he didn't seem upset, we just laughed. i was being honest. after about an hour into our conversation he asks what i was doing there and i just answered it was either this or stay home watching netflix and i asked him what he was doing there.... he said "well..... my WIFE and kid are out of town and it was a free night for me to grab some beers" i already knew he was married, there is no harm in talking with some married man - it's not like he tried to pick up on me or vice versa. i don't know why he came over to me in the first place but i'm thinking because i looked bored as did he so why not talk. i'm glad he did. before i knew it - it was 1am and roger was nudging my shoulder asking me if i'm ready to roll. i was surprised at the time. i told "peter" that it was nice meeting him and i was on my way.
i'm not one to go to bars to meet people, but i gotta tell you it was nice to have a guy come up to me - even though he WAS married. at least it wasn't one of those guys with the cheesy lines spitting in your face as they slur every word.


Sunset Junction
Don't knock the rock
LA Film Festival
103.1 RADIO
Little RADIO
WMFU 91.1 FM from NY
CMJ - New York
Pure Volume
ROCK SCHEDULE

SUZEPHOTO COPYRIGHT!

Suze's Spin
CD's, Movies, Etc.
superannuation advice
superannuation advice Counter


The girl that gets the b-sides
AIM - rolloverdj
MY HOME
ARCHIVES
January 2003. February 2003. March 2003. April 2003. May 2003. June 2003. July 2003. August 2003. September 2003. October 2003. November 2003. December 2003. January 2004. February 2004. March 2004. April 2004. May 2004. June 2004. July 2004. August 2004. September 2004. October 2004. November 2004. December 2004. January 2005. February 2005. March 2005. April 2005. May 2005. June 2005. July 2005. August 2005. September 2005. October 2005. November 2005. December 2005. January 2006. February 2006. March 2006. April 2006. May 2006. June 2006. July 2006. August 2006. September 2006. October 2006. November 2006. December 2006. January 2007. February 2007. March 2007. April 2007. November 2009. March 2010.

Contact
Amazing Grace - Jeff Buckley
Sin City
Dogtown and Z Boyz
Bob Dylan 66-74
Mayor of the Sunset Strip
DIG
Kill Radio
Band Riders (this is interesting)
DEAD MUSICIANS
My Space
HI-FIVES
Live Journal
My Amazon Wish List



THE BANDS...

written by suze : powered by blogger and wicked designs Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com