Google
The Girl that gets the B-Sides......"for the love of music"....

((JUST LISTEN))


1:14 PM

Music: Rolling Stones "metamorphosis"

"I'd much rather be with the boys - Rolling Stones"

I was looking for this on CD ever since Reigning Sound covered "I'd much rather be with the boys". To tell you the truth I like The Reigning Sound version much better.

"I'd much rather be with the boys - Reigning Sound"

although this cd called Metamorphosis by The Stones is quite good, in my opinion. It's totally a brian wilson/beach boys faze they were going through. I'm not so much of a Beach Boys fan, although some of the stuff is amazing, just never was a big fan. just like some people prefer the stones over beatles......that one is hard to choose for me because i love them both. If you asked me when I was a teenager I would have said The Stones no problem but as I grew older I got into The Beatles. I actually had a hatred for The Beatles at one time, only because my boss at one of the first record stores I worked at as a teenager played everything by the Beatles all day long. He was a Beatles nerd! We are talking, interviews, live stuff, bootlegs... you name it - this guy had it. My co-worker Dennis, who now owns and operates The Bionic Records/Furnace Skateshop Chains, we used to go crazy having to listen to The Beatles all day long. I think Dennis is still fucked up from that experience and will never want to hear The Beatles ever again.
So I'm listening to Metamorphosis and it's growing on me, I may even buy some Beach Boys CD's other than "Pet Sounds" that I already have. give me time.

I haven't really gone out other than to see Jon Brion on Friday. Not a huge excitement but if you've never seen the guy, i'm sure it was. Jason Schwartzman was roaming around, now if only jude law was! I'm kidding. I'm sure he was there because of the I heart huckabees movie that is due out soon. Jon Brion has his hands in that one.
This past weekend I did take the metro (blue line) from Long Beach to LA/Amoeba Records. I love taking that thing, it's pretty cool. it was only 3 bucks and you can go anywhere all day/night long. So we went to my favorite restauraunt Houstons in Pasadena to. We had to hop on the Yellow Line for that. I'm gonna do this more often. It beats traffic, which has been getting worse and worse in LA and I don't have to buy gas! The metro is good for people watching. Although i did run into a few punks, not as in punk rock but as in older brats, i didn't mind, it all goes with the experience. One guy stood right in front of me and did a pull up on the bar above me head... i had to look away towards this other guy and it was like he was reading my mind and my mind was laughing, because he smiled. I didn't want to look directly at the pull up guy because I would have laughed in his face, he might have been stripped of his ego.
I could have done without the screaming kids and moms that yelled at the kids though. It's like, give the kid the quarter that he thinks he lost *but you found and kept, just to shut him up! Sometimes I wonder where the kids get their brattiness from *duh.

This weeks gigs:
Frisky Jones 11pm and Vexy Strut midnight and Paul Chesne 1am at King King on Wednesday.
or
Griffin House with Teiter at The Largo. I think I'm going to this one. although I'd like to shoot some more photos of VS and Brady (Frisky Jones) ah well, what are ya gonna do!
Griffin House is also playing on Thursday but I plan on seeing Ben Kweller at the Anaheim House of Blues.
Did anyone go to The Sunset Junction? I didn't go.
have a good week. buy a lottery ticket, it's up to like 74 million now! Could you imagine?!
I'd have a huge party and have bands play (maybe the stones) and have these envelopes with a check in each one to give out to everyone that comes! then just travel.


Sunset Junction
Don't knock the rock
LA Film Festival
103.1 RADIO
Little RADIO
WMFU 91.1 FM from NY
CMJ - New York
Pure Volume
ROCK SCHEDULE

SUZEPHOTO COPYRIGHT!

Suze's Spin
CD's, Movies, Etc.
superannuation advice
superannuation advice Counter


The girl that gets the b-sides
AIM - rolloverdj
MY HOME
ARCHIVES
January 2003. February 2003. March 2003. April 2003. May 2003. June 2003. July 2003. August 2003. September 2003. October 2003. November 2003. December 2003. January 2004. February 2004. March 2004. April 2004. May 2004. June 2004. July 2004. August 2004. September 2004. October 2004. November 2004. December 2004. January 2005. February 2005. March 2005. April 2005. May 2005. June 2005. July 2005. August 2005. September 2005. October 2005. November 2005. December 2005. January 2006. February 2006. March 2006. April 2006. May 2006. June 2006. July 2006. August 2006. September 2006. October 2006. November 2006. December 2006. January 2007. February 2007. March 2007. April 2007. November 2009. March 2010.

Contact
Amazing Grace - Jeff Buckley
Sin City
Dogtown and Z Boyz
Bob Dylan 66-74
Mayor of the Sunset Strip
DIG
Kill Radio
Band Riders (this is interesting)
DEAD MUSICIANS
My Space
HI-FIVES
Live Journal
My Amazon Wish List



THE BANDS...

written by suze : powered by blogger and wicked designs Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com