Google
The Girl that gets the B-Sides......"for the love of music"....

((JUST LISTEN))


3:34 PM

Music: Willowz

I got my pink Willowz shirt last night and that made me very happy! I bought the shirt in the dark so I was assuming that I was buying a white shirt, they also had red but not in my size (child XL). I saw a few grey ones as well. To my surprise as I walked into a lit area to take a better look at it, it was pink! Yay!
I also bought their CD which totally rocks! I was listening to it on the way to work this morning and I thought that they sorta had the 7year Bitch sound but faster and Jessica sometimes sounds like holly golightly.
Seeing them live is a bit different. They just rip the joint up. You get more of a visual of what they are about. I’ve seen them only 3 times so far and last night was probably the best. I didn’t know this but it was Iggy Pop’s Birthday yesterday. Richard mentioned that’s why they did the Iggy Riff during their set. This time Richie didn’t throw the drums at the audience. It’s a good thing too, cuz there was a lot of people watching them and for sure they would have gotten hurt. Richie and Jessica did throw their guitars at Alex’s drums and Jessica told me that her bass neck snapped. Yikes!
These guys better have some money the way they treat their instruments, that’s for sure!
Being as young as they are they weren’t even able to hang out in spaceland except to play. they had to leave right after they were done. That sucks for them! A few of them are at least 21 now and were able to hang but they made the other two actually wait outside before they went on.
I guess I can understand from Spaceland’s point of view, having a liquor license and not wanting to loose it.
I left right after they were done as well, i should have stayed to see texas teri play with cheetah chrome! i didn't find out that was going to happen until the next day! The Willowz were enough rock for me for a worknight.

Last night I got home and my cat was laying on my bed, I hate cat fur! I gave him a wintergreen Altoid because there was only pieces of ‘em left in the tin. I had my camera ready for a “face” but he actually likes ‘em! I thought he would make one of those "thats so wrong, get this out of my mouth" faces.

Tonight I’m going to meet a friend at the South Coast Plaza to catch a movie called Young Adam , should be a good one. All Night Radio is at Spaceland on Friday.
Did anyone see Scrubs the other night, I thought Polyphonic Spree were amazing in that episode!! Very cool gig for ‘em.

The Fall at the Echo is already sold out! The Willowz are going to be opening for them. I must find a way in (guys?)


have a wonderful weekend!
Alex Willow Plays On


Sunset Junction
Don't knock the rock
LA Film Festival
103.1 RADIO
Little RADIO
WMFU 91.1 FM from NY
CMJ - New York
Pure Volume
ROCK SCHEDULE

SUZEPHOTO COPYRIGHT!

Suze's Spin
CD's, Movies, Etc.
superannuation advice
superannuation advice Counter


The girl that gets the b-sides
AIM - rolloverdj
MY HOME
ARCHIVES
January 2003. February 2003. March 2003. April 2003. May 2003. June 2003. July 2003. August 2003. September 2003. October 2003. November 2003. December 2003. January 2004. February 2004. March 2004. April 2004. May 2004. June 2004. July 2004. August 2004. September 2004. October 2004. November 2004. December 2004. January 2005. February 2005. March 2005. April 2005. May 2005. June 2005. July 2005. August 2005. September 2005. October 2005. November 2005. December 2005. January 2006. February 2006. March 2006. April 2006. May 2006. June 2006. July 2006. August 2006. September 2006. October 2006. November 2006. December 2006. January 2007. February 2007. March 2007. April 2007. November 2009. March 2010.

Contact
Amazing Grace - Jeff Buckley
Sin City
Dogtown and Z Boyz
Bob Dylan 66-74
Mayor of the Sunset Strip
DIG
Kill Radio
Band Riders (this is interesting)
DEAD MUSICIANS
My Space
HI-FIVES
Live Journal
My Amazon Wish List



THE BANDS...

written by suze : powered by blogger and wicked designs Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com