Google
The Girl that gets the B-Sides......"for the love of music"....

((JUST LISTEN))


1:19 AM

music: gimme skelter!!
if you haven't picked up this amazingly wonderful cd then i strongly suggest that you go out and get it right away. you can't go wrong with a buddyhead compilation full of bands such as Mudhoney, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Dead Meadow, Le Tigre, Wire, Weezer and Iggy!! and i can't forget a band called shat doing "what the fuck do you think christina aguilera is doing right now?" it's the bonus track.
It's chalk full of screaming voices and fuzzy guitars. simply fantastic.

before i forget... did you hear that SLAYER is going to be playing saturday?! I would totally go if it weren't going to be at the Universal. I read that they are going to be doing the full "Reign in Blood" album plus a full set. that would be amazing!! also Pat Benatar is going to be at Ameoba at 2pm Friday Dec 12th "hit me with your best shot" ;)
I also just read that at the Viper Room this Monday Dec 1st is going to be Metal Shop as usual but Black & Blue are playing! Now I'm wondering if it's the same Black N' Blue that I was into in my so-called "metal" years?! if it is...... I wanna go. oh but i'm planning on going to the el rey to see the pernice brothers anyway.

i just got home from spaceland. I wasn't gonna go but then my friend scott called and wanted to go see a band so i suggested we go to spaceland. The Rolling Blackouts were great. It's like one of those bands that you enjoy while watching them right at that moment but two days after you don't really remember much of what they sounded like. don't get me wrong, i do love this band and I'll go see them again and again. I think it's just that they don't have catchy songs. and thats fine with me. I love music with heavy guitars and screaming voices. I absolutely love it!! bands like blue bird, fu manchu - stoner rock if you will. it's all like that. great though.
i didn't like kittens for christian at all. scott said they sounded like korn, i'll have to take his word on that as i've somehow avoided that whole music scene in my life and never heard a full song of theirs. the guys couldn't sing, they didn't even have the guitar stance down. ha ha! the drummer was annoying to say the least. they just sucked.
i think i'm going to spaceland tomorrow night as well (saturday). besides my friend the ever so lovely sara melson playing, this Argentinean woman by the name of Juana Molina is the headliner. please check out her website, it's pretty cool. have a great w/e, whatever you do - S


Sunset Junction
Don't knock the rock
LA Film Festival
103.1 RADIO
Little RADIO
WMFU 91.1 FM from NY
CMJ - New York
Pure Volume
ROCK SCHEDULE

SUZEPHOTO COPYRIGHT!

Suze's Spin
CD's, Movies, Etc.
superannuation advice
superannuation advice Counter


The girl that gets the b-sides
AIM - rolloverdj
MY HOME
ARCHIVES
January 2003. February 2003. March 2003. April 2003. May 2003. June 2003. July 2003. August 2003. September 2003. October 2003. November 2003. December 2003. January 2004. February 2004. March 2004. April 2004. May 2004. June 2004. July 2004. August 2004. September 2004. October 2004. November 2004. December 2004. January 2005. February 2005. March 2005. April 2005. May 2005. June 2005. July 2005. August 2005. September 2005. October 2005. November 2005. December 2005. January 2006. February 2006. March 2006. April 2006. May 2006. June 2006. July 2006. August 2006. September 2006. October 2006. November 2006. December 2006. January 2007. February 2007. March 2007. April 2007. November 2009. March 2010.

Contact
Amazing Grace - Jeff Buckley
Sin City
Dogtown and Z Boyz
Bob Dylan 66-74
Mayor of the Sunset Strip
DIG
Kill Radio
Band Riders (this is interesting)
DEAD MUSICIANS
My Space
HI-FIVES
Live Journal
My Amazon Wish List



THE BANDS...

written by suze : powered by blogger and wicked designs Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com