Google
The Girl that gets the B-Sides......"for the love of music"....

((JUST LISTEN))


11:58 AM

music: breakfast with the Beatles!
have you ever woke up still drunk from the night before?
have you ever had an up close and personal look at the bathroom floors at Spaceland?
have you ever missed the main band?
have you ever taken photos when you are drunk?
i wish i could answer NO to all of these questions!! well, that last one is a necessity sometimes!
LAST NIGHT the walkmen played at spaceland with Kaito and The Vacation. I don't remember much after Kaito. I hope i took some photos of the walkmen at least. I took a whole roll of the vacation and i wasn't drunk yet, so i know those will come out good.
i think the problem was that i hadn't eaten anything all day and on the way to spaceland i stopped by in 'n out and got a grilled cheese which isn't very filling for what i was about to drink that night. 1 beer and 4 mudslides. and to think i complained to the woman at the front bar that the 2nd mudslide wasn't as big as when the guy made it.... damn. she showed me!! she was nice about it though.
I never want to drink again! hey let's count how many times i've said these exact words this year?! a big thank you to my friends Cari, Scott, Michelle and Sarah for hanging with me and taking care of my stupid ass. I would have been ok If I'd eaten something!
I'm so glad i saw the walkmen the night before! I think they are more of audio band instead of a visual band. i mean they were good on friday, but just not that interesting to watch. not that you have to jump around and scream all the time either.
i'm just saying....
i met a few of them last year outside the Largo club while waiting in line to see Jon Brion ....and let me tell you! talking about arrogant assholes. .... although they do seem nice now. maybe it was just one night of being an asshole, everyone does this once in awhile. right! anyway.... one of 'em, can't remember which one... was asking me about jon brion because they had never seen him before so i was telling them about his shows and he just started talking about his band the walkmen. i'd never heard of them and he said that i will !! he was telling me about NY bands and he started dissin' Jon Spencer Blues Explosion by this time i was so over talking to them! They ended up leaving, they got tired of waiting in line and just took off. Well, the very next week.... . they got a rather large write up in the LA Weekly!
you know this could have happened 2 years ago, i don't remember for sure.
ok, getting back to last night. I can tell you that The Vacation sounded really good. a very tight band. Paxton the drummer, just bought this monstrous 1930's kit that is really loud! I told him before that he needs to wear ear plugs.... all musicians need to wear 'em! I think the vacation is a fun sexy band with catchy songs that you can shake your ass to. I especially love the screaming on this one song they do....it's just at the start of the song but it gets to me everytime (huge smile)!! I'm sure some big band will pick them up and take them on tour with them! That would be cool for 'em. Kaito were great as well! they have that girrrrl rock thing going on, lots of noisy guitars and screaming. gotta love that!! no comment on the walkmen.... but i can tell you that the bathroom floor in spaceland is lovely!
i never want to drink again, did i already mention this?!

tonight..... go to the viper room! udora are playing. just go check 'em out. esp. if you live in the area. I'm gonna get some food in me and head down there 'round 8 or so. I do believe they go on at 9:30.

Hey... did you know that the pixies are reforming?! yes. here is the article.
i wanna go see that movie .. lost in translation! kevin shields of my bloody valentine does the music!! AND Giovanni Ribisi is in it!
ok, must go die now!! aaargh. ~S


Sunset Junction
Don't knock the rock
LA Film Festival
103.1 RADIO
Little RADIO
WMFU 91.1 FM from NY
CMJ - New York
Pure Volume
ROCK SCHEDULE

SUZEPHOTO COPYRIGHT!

Suze's Spin
CD's, Movies, Etc.
superannuation advice
superannuation advice Counter


The girl that gets the b-sides
AIM - rolloverdj
MY HOME
ARCHIVES
January 2003. February 2003. March 2003. April 2003. May 2003. June 2003. July 2003. August 2003. September 2003. October 2003. November 2003. December 2003. January 2004. February 2004. March 2004. April 2004. May 2004. June 2004. July 2004. August 2004. September 2004. October 2004. November 2004. December 2004. January 2005. February 2005. March 2005. April 2005. May 2005. June 2005. July 2005. August 2005. September 2005. October 2005. November 2005. December 2005. January 2006. February 2006. March 2006. April 2006. May 2006. June 2006. July 2006. August 2006. September 2006. October 2006. November 2006. December 2006. January 2007. February 2007. March 2007. April 2007. November 2009. March 2010.

Contact
Amazing Grace - Jeff Buckley
Sin City
Dogtown and Z Boyz
Bob Dylan 66-74
Mayor of the Sunset Strip
DIG
Kill Radio
Band Riders (this is interesting)
DEAD MUSICIANS
My Space
HI-FIVES
Live Journal
My Amazon Wish List



THE BANDS...

written by suze : powered by blogger and wicked designs Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com